The following are statistics supplied by Hampshire County Council. This is what has happened with traditional 'just get me through the test' training.
This is not good enough!
For little or no additional cost, my students get the training they deserve, the training that keeps them and others alive.
Did you know that:
- 1 in 5 new drivers have a car crash within 6 month of passing their test.
- Young male drivers aged 17-20 are 7 times more at risk than all male drivers - but between 2am and 5am their risk is 17 times.
- 17 - 25 year olds make up only 8% of UK license holders yet are involved in over 30% of all collisions.
- An 18 year old driver is more than 3 times as likely to be involved in a crash as a 48 year old.
- Drivers under 25 have the highest incidence of failing a breathalyzer test after a crash.
- More than 1 in 4 drivers killed on British roads are under 24.
- On average, 7 young drivers and their passengers are killed or seriosuly injured every day in the UK
- Road traffinc injuries are the number 1 cause of death for young people worldwide.
- With 2 or more passengers, the fatal crash risk for 16-19 year old drivers is more than 5 times the risk when driving alone.
- Young drivers are more likely to take a number of the deadliest risks on our roads, including speeding, overtaking blind, driving on drugs and not belting up.
- Young male drivers have much higher crash rates than young femail drivers.
- Young people aged 15 - 24 are 4 times likely to die in a road crash than from drug, alcohol, gun and knife-crime combined.
There are many more statistics available that I could supply but what these show is that the standard way of teaching teenagers to drive doesn't work. How many times have you heard of a recently passed driver killing or seriously injuring themselves or others?
These show that the standard way of teaching teenagers to drive doesn't work!
This is why I focus on attitude and responsibilites, you are driving a lethal weapon after all!
Driving is fun and to many it means freedom, but unless you think about what you are doing, driving could be the last thing you ever do.
The solution? Drive iQ Pro, Pass Plus and quality instruction that keeps you and other alive. I offer affordable, quality instruction with world class online learning. Just look at how many people offered to supply recommendations! Even some of their parents - you don't get that very often!